Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Glitter Eyeliner for the holidays

There are hundreds of glitters to choose from, just make sure you get a finely milled cosmetic glitter. These are just a few of my favorites. When using glitter as eyeliner, make sure you choose a dark color so that it not only makes your eyes sparkle, but also defines the eye in the same way an eyeliner would.
There are tons of glitter eyeliners out there but I always use this method because you get more glitter which means better deffinition. The MAC eyeliner mixing medium is only available from MAC Pro stores. I ordered mine online, but you could also call a Pro store and order it directly from them. You will also need a superfine pointed brush, I use the MAC 210.
Start out by covering the brush in mixing medium, then line the upper lid with the brush. ( I use a magnified mirror because the medium is clear and hard to see.) Once you have the upper lid lined, dip the brush in the glitter and press brush fulls into the mixing medium.

oops, posted the photos in the wrong order..Here is a great example of complimentary makeup. Purple eyeshadows with red lips and red accessories! This is my daughter and I on new years eve.


Back to the glitter, you can also use the mixing medium on the inner corner of the eye, if you are going to do this, I would recommend a light color so that it brightens the eye.



This is another example of complimentary makeup. I packed gorgous gold and chrome yellow into the inner corner and used several different shades of purple on the outter corners. I used the yellow on the lower inner corner as well to add some brightness, and finished it off with purple glitter.










Almost anyone can wear purple eyeshadow, it looks great with blue eyes and especially pretty with green eyes. BLENDING is always the key!! Happy glittering!!






No comments:

Post a Comment